In order to avoid dehydration, drinking water is very much important. Keep yourself hydrated on a daily basis. Often the question arises that what amount of water one should drink daily to stay healthy & fit.
According to research, the older adults drink less water than the younger ones because as you grew older, the sense of thirst also gets diminished. Thus they do not get the right amount of water in their system daily and the water intake for the elder people thus gradually decreases.
Though the intake of water varies from person to person, a normal healthy person should drink 4 to 6 liters daily. In case of certain health issues like a thyroid problem, kidney, liver or heart problem the water intake of the person gets increases naturally. Water intake is fully individualized & one should consult with a Doctor at Curemantra to know whether he is drinking the right amount of water to keep himself healthy & hydrated.
Again for a healthy person, the intake of water varies. Suppose a person losing water through sweat by exercising will require more water intake, or one who is outside on a hot & humid weather will drink more water. But as a general rule of thumb one should drink two to three cups of water per hour or maybe slightly more to stay healthy.
It’s not only water that keeps oneself hydrated, but there are beverages containing water too which satisfy your daily needs. Though sugary drinks can increase your body weight and may lead to certain disease like Diabetes.
Avoid Dehydration: Few Key Benefits of drinking water.
- Water strengthens your immune system.
- According to research water reduces the risk of bladder cancer by flushing toxins from your bladder.
- Water consumption helps to drain out waste through urination & sweat thus preventing kidney stones & protects your body from urinary tract infection.
- Drink sufficient water after every meal. Because water helps in digestion & stops constipation from happening.
- Dehydration leads to cramping. Drink water & develop healthy hydration to keep yourself more flexible thus preventing cramps & sprains.
- Water helps to regulate your body temperature.
- Drinking water normalizes your blood pressure as well.
Stay updated with many more health tips from Curemantra. A leading health portal for Jamshedpur that connects doctors, pathology labs, pharmacy in the most secure way.